Dear Lee Valley,
I thought I would send you a story that happened to me recently.
For Christmas, I received the Dynamo Worklight (99K10.50).
This is a great light and has come in handy many times. A
couple of weeks ago, I was working in my garage converting
my barbecue from propane to natural gas. The Dynamo was a
great help. Using the magnet, I put the light up inside the
lid. When I was done, I moved the barbecue to the back deck
and hooked it up to the natural gas line. Seeing as I have
stainless steel grills, I had to season them with oil and
then apply heat. Fifteen minutes and 700° later, I got
a horrible feeling in my gut. I opened the lid and found my
Dynamo light wilted across the grills. I quickly grabbed it
and threw it on the lawn, more concerned with the barbecue
than the light.
A couple of days later, we had company over. We all had a
laugh over this story, and I remembered that the light was
still outside on the lawn. I went outside (in the rain) to
retrieve the light for a visual addition to the story. For
a joke, I pushed the ON button and the light still worked!
tried the charging winder, and it works as well. As
a bonus, the melted lens works as a handy lever to activate
the ON button. I'm starting to think this light is indestructible.
Thanks for the quality products. Keep up the good work.