Most router table base plates are large so that the router can clear the sides of the base plate hole as the whole thing is lowered into the table. Our phenolic base plate is much smaller because it can be inserted from below the table, a process so revolutionary we have a patent on it.
Because it is only 9" in diameter and 1/4" thick, the base plate can be permanently mounted to your router for free hand routing or in a router table. There are many advantages to this system:
- Your router can be used free hand or in a table with no change of base.
- The base is perfectly centered on the bit and, therefore, on any guide bushing, making all of your routing more accurate.
- The small base virtually eliminates sagging.
- You can install or remove a router from the router table in seconds, with no need to insert or remove a single screw, and without having to thread a cord anywhere first.
- You have a clean router base without the "Swiss cheese" patterns that can trap chips or catch your work.
- A simple anti-rotation device holds the plate firmly in the table top.
Unlike others, our base plate is not predrilled. With the included hardware (positioning template, trammel bar, alignment pin, 82° countersink bit and centering disc), you drill the base plate to match your router base. This is easy; but if you make an error, we will give you another base plate free of charge. Instructions for making a matching table top are also included. In minutes you can rout both the hole and support ledge.
The 1 1/2" diameter center hole is counterbored to accept our 1 3/4" template guides. Our 1 3/4" table insert (available separately) reduces the size of the aperture to 3/4" when not using a template guide.
Made in Canada.