Made from polyester with a uniformly smooth texture, these turning blanks closely mimic the appearance of these natural materials:
- Ivory: the color and luster of natural ivory
- Aged Ivory: similar to ivory but with a butter-yellow hue
- Ebony: jet black to resemble African ebony
- Bone: white, similar to ivory but paler and less lustrous
- Horn: variegated swirls of color ranging from pale yellow to brown and gray
- Coral: variegated swirls of white, pink, and light and dark red
- Cobalt: intense blue hue of the mineral-based pigment
- Jade: swirls of color ranging from light green to brown
- Malachite: dark green with black striations
- Lapis Lazuli: deep, slightly mottled blue
They can be cut, turned and drilled using regular woodworking tools, bond well with common adhesives and are readily polished to a high gloss with fine abrasives.
Two sizes are available: a 20mm diameter by 150mm (3/4" × 6") for pen turning and 50mm × 150mm (2" × 6") for larger projects.