Offert en anglais seulement
Unlike many so-called pocket field guides, each of these compact folding guides weighs less than an ounce and fits neatly in a pocket so you can quickly refer to it when venturing outdoors. A great introduction for the novice birdwatcher, astronomer, rockhound or naturalist, the guides contain excellent color illustrations along with concise basic facts.
The plant, animal and mushroom guides list English and Latin names as well as distinguishing features of common North American species. The weather and geology guides use simple, clear diagrams to explain phenomena, and the knots guide identifies practical uses for each knot shown.
Printed on thick card stock and laminated for durability and water resistance, each guide measures 8 1/4" tall by 4" wide when folded.
- The night sky guide includes glow-in-the-dark star charts for the Northern Hemisphere, with interesting facts on 27 prominent constellations.
- The animal tracks guide shows footprints and other signs left by 50 mammal species and 18 types of birds.
- The backyard birds guide depicts 109 species, with tips on using birdhouses, baths and feeders to attract them.
- The weather guide gives an overview of cloud types, weather patterns and phenomena, and traditional weather lore.
- The mushrooms guide covers 77 fungi, with advice to help avoid inadvertent poisoning.
- The edible plants guide identifies 110 wild plants that can be eaten, and suggests harvest and preparation tips.
- The bugs and slugs guide depicts 130 insects, arachnids, slugs and other invertebrates, with interesting facts about each.
- The trees guide shows the leaves of 116 trees, as well as a silhouette of the mature tree and other distinguishing details.
- The hummingbirds guide displays 42 species of hummingbirds including facts about feeding and attracting them to your yard.
- The butterflies and moths guide identifies 72 species and explains the differences between the two insect groups.
- The knots guide outlines a history of knots and illustrates 48 practical knots organized by their uses.
- The geology guide describes more than 50 examples of rocks, minerals, gemstones and common fossils, and offers rockhounding tips.
The guides are sold individually as well as in a set of eight and two four-piece sets.