Low in cost and high in utility, this clever tool set includes some of the most useful layout guides a woodworker can own, supplied in a compact, economical form. They come flat-packed as a kit of five 3" × 4" stainless-steel sheets that are only 0.25mm" thick.
The markings and all part outlines are rendered with a precise chemical etching process – just pop them out of the sheets by hand, then fold them permanently into three-dimensional shapes with 90° corners or fences for accurate workpiece registration.
The set includes:
- Eight radius templates for sizing or laying out rounded corners with 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" radii
- A center finder to mark the center of cylindrical or square stock, or to bisect a 90° corner
- A pair of dovetail markers for laying out 1:6 and 1:8 pins and tails
- A sliding square with pencil-marking holes at 1mm and 1/16" increments, making it easy to mark a line up to 70mm or 2 3/4" from an edge
- A protractor for marking or checking angles from a reference edge, graduated in 1° increments; it has pencil-marking holes at 14 commonly used angles, as well as in 1° increments up to 5° either side of 45° and 90° for working with slightly out-of-square corners
Sufficiently accurate for most woodworking applications, they are convenient workshop aids for a wide range of design and layout applications.